After millennium of unchallenged success, businesses and governments around the world are entering a new era of unprecedented openness. The movement to hold corporate officers and politicians accountable is spurred by three powerful forces: economics, technology, and zeitgeist. The entire world is experiencing a deep recession. The internet, meanwhile, has revolutionized the speed and power of data analysis and dissemination. Financial institutions are being held responsible. In general, the business world has become increasingly more interconnected. To become a competitive organization in today’s global economy, the purchasing and supply management function must become world class. The supply management function is the key to unlocking the value within the organization. Organizations must optimize sourcing assets.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Officials responsible for purchasing and supply chain management activities in government, parastatal and private sector.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Examine in- depth strategic, tactical and operational issues relating to management of supply chains;
• Apply state-of- the-art concepts, methods, techniques and tools that will help participants contribute towards competitiveness in organizations.
• Supply chain management overview;
• Supply chain management: sourcing;
• Supply chain management: specifying and quality assurance;
• Supply chain management: logistics and distribution;
• Supply chain management: information systems;
• Supply chain management: matching supply with demand;
• Operation processes;
• Effective negotiations.