The activities on recruitment and selection are becoming more complex now with the concentration of highly skilled people in the labor market. Human resource practitioners and other managers need to have a clear understanding of the recruitment and selection processes as the knowledge will facilitate in acquiring the right candidate for the right position at the right time.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Middle and senior level HR officers/managers in human resources management and development, recruitment & selection committee members, public service commission officers.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Recognize the complexities of recruitment and selection in the modern environment;
• Write job descriptions and draw up person specifications;
• List advertising opportunities including the use of websites;
• Determine on what knowledge, key competencies and abilities required in a candidate;
• Plan, prepare and conduct interviews;
• Use an effective short-listing framework;
• Convene an appropriate selection panel;
• Employ competence-based interviewing techniques.
• The recruitment and selection process;
• The recruitment and selection policy and legal issues;
• Selection approaches;
• Personal skills development;
• The art of interviewing and the interviewing process;
• Competence-based interviewing
• The job description and person specification;
• Making hiring decisions;
• Managing induction and probation.