Transportation is a catalyst for national socio economic development. However, for transportation to lay its rightful role, it requires a proper policy and planning framework. This programme presents analytical techniques for developing evidence- based policies and plans for the transport sector. It analyses all modes of transport and their interactions within a given economy.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Permanent/principal secretaries, commissioners, directors and senior officials in government ministries at central and local level, executive agencies and enterprises in both the public and private sectors.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Conduct evaluation studies of the transport sector;
• Develop evidence – based transport policies and strategies;
• Apply analytical techniques in implementing and monitoring transport sector policies and plans.
• Transport policy framework;
• Transport planning and analytical tools;
• Result - based transport monitoring and evaluation methods.