The importance of effective people skills will never diminish at workplaces even with the advent of new information communication technology (ICT). The new technologies have certainly sped-up the way things get done in the modern workplace, but have also raised the expectations of how fast things need to get done. Today, people do not say they need something done tomorrow. They need it ‘yesterday’. With the advent of technology, work in many ways has become easier and faster, but work-related tensions are probably higher than ever before. Stress is everywhere and always and we all know that when tensions are high, the potential for friction between individuals rises proportionately. It does not matter what area of the economy you are because the same forces are at play everywhere. No matter what your line of work, level of authority, professional career, your degree of success depends on your ability to interact effectively with other people. In fact effective interpersonal skills are one of the major key factors for effective people management
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The course is particularly suitable for lower and middle managers.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to :
• Communicate assertively as a leader with all stakeholders;
• Motivate subordinates uniquely but appropriately to foster effective people mobilization, empowerment and alignment towards achieving organizational goals;
• Apply management principles to manage diverse individuals and groups;
• Explain self and social awareness;
• Explain self- and relationship management;
• Apply management principles to delegate tasks and team development.
• Personality and behaviour vs. relationships;
• Influencing through persuasion;
• Effective interpersonal communication;
• Emotional intelligence; self and social
• Awareness to foster relationship management
• Leadership and motivation;
• Leadership mastery;
• Becoming a highly effective individual;
• Effective team development and management.