The overall objective of the course is to facilitate participants on how to use SQL server product features and tools related to administration of a database. This course covers database design and the use of database management systems for applications. Participants will learn technical skills required to write basic Transact-SQL queries for Microsoft SQL Server. This course is the foundation for all SQL Server-related disciplines: database administration, database development and business intelligence.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Database administrators and individuals who perform database administration and maintenance as their primary area of responsibility or working in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Plan, install and configure the database software;
• Describe the databases, the physical structure of databases and their related configuration options;
• Create and process databases and tables;
• Secure SQL server and implement policy-based management backup, recovery and restore databases and individual files:
• Perform database monitoring, maintenance and troubleshooting problems.
• Relational databases;
• Introduction to SQL Server and its tool set;
• Systems preparation, installation & configuration of SQL server;
• Creating and processing database and tables;
• Fundamentals of SQL server, stored procedures, views and triggers;
• Database administrative tasks and processes;
• Database management: integrity and security.