One of the critical factors for successful implementation of policy is committed and competent leadership. People involved in the policy formulation may not be the ones who implement the policy. Policy implementation requires a different set of competencies than those needed for policy formulation. Effective and committed leadership is one such skill.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Senior leaders and managers within the government ministries, departments and agencies (MDAs), as well as those from non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and other stakeholders involved in implementation of government policies.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Understand the principles of effective leadership;
• Identify the characteristics, traits and styles of an effective leader;
• Appreciate the latest models of leadership;
• Understand the phases of policy formulation and implementation process;
• Explain the various factors affecting effective implementation of policy.
• Role of a leader in the policy process;
• Styles of a leader and their respective impact on policy;
• Policy formulation process;
• Policy implementation process;
• Analytical tools for policy analysis, formulation and implementation;
• Institutional aspects of policy implementation.