Board of directors training can help a board fulfill its role and make a real difference to an organization’s performance. Good board of directors training takes a practical and pragmatic approach – because every board has a unique role in organizational oversight and duty to stakeholders. Board composition and dynamics are critical to best operation. Within the framework of positive board culture, the board will leverage their diverse skill sets to excellent advantage. Board of directors training programs help build the skills for driving positive board culture - especially if undertaken as a team. Board of directors training will shed light on board-specific strategies to mitigate risk and maximize opportunities. A good board training program should develop broad-spectrum insights into corporate governance best practices - and how these can improve coherence in business direction and strategy, drive corporate responsibility, and improve organizational accountability for stakeholder confidence.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Those sitting on boards and all those aspiring to sit on boards of directors
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Develop the skill-set, tools and frameworks for action plans to address challenges;
• Boost your board’s performance;
• Be a value addition to any board you join;
• Gain latest best practice research and evaluation of best practice boards.
• Latest developments in board competence;
• Best practice corporate governance;
• Corporate governance overview;
• Roles and functions of the board;
• Specific competencies;
• Knowledge and skills;
• Audit and compliance;
• Board and CEO performance;
• Financial literacy;
• Governance and ethics;
• Board leadership;
• Regulatory environment;
• Risk and management oversight;
• Strategic planning.