Results based management (RBM) is a critical factor in ensuring the success of a program/project. It ensures that all aspects of designing, implementing and monitoring and evaluating a program/project is done transparently and in a manner that ensures accountability.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Public sector managers; commissioners, directors, planners, economic modelers and those implementing donor funded programmes and projects.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Describe results management -principles and processes
• Apply principles of results based management;
• Design, implement and monitor results based management framework;
• Apply principles and practices of risk management.
• Understanding results based management;
• Overview and context of rbm;
• Definition of rbm; concepts and principles;
• Rbm process and characteristics;
• Operationalizing results based management
• Pre-requisites; leadership, culture and systems;
• Cause and effect analysis;
• Situational analysis;
• Problem analysis; problem tree
• Stakeholder analysis;
• Logical framework
• Performance management framework
• Results based programming;
• Results based costing and budgeting;
• Results based reporting;
• Integrated participatory monitoring and evaluation;
• Risk management
• Identifying risk;
• Analysis of risk impact;
• Mitigation strategies;
• Monitoring of risk.