The programme is designed to develop leaders in the areas of Occupation Health and Safety(OHS) with specialized technical health and safety skills Leading organizations work hard to provide their employees with safe, health workplaces. They know that anything less could reflect poorly on them and risk penalties of non-adherence to regulations. This certificate programme will equip you with the knowledge and skills to develop, implement and manage strong health and safety systems. Whether you work in human resource or aspire to, or have joined health and safety committee task force, you will learn how to ensure your workforce meets all the required health and safety requirements in a tight regulatory framework. You will discover what organizations can do to prevent costly accidents that impair productivity and engage more employees in proactive health and safety measures. The intent of the programme is to broaden managerial skills as well as deepening technical skills. A differentiating theme will be a focus on “System thinking” rather than “incident thinking”
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The course is designed for supervisors, managers and OHS leaders.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to;
• Deepen knowledge of occupational health and safety systems;
• Get to know the managerial issues surrounding occupation health and safety;
• Identify costs and causes of workplace accidents;
• Examine accident prevention strategies.
• System approach to managing OHS;
• OHS information and data analysis;
• Reporting and recording OHS incidents;
• Analysis and evaluation of OHS risk;
• Application of ergonomic principles to control OHS risk;
• Application of occupation hygiene principles to control OHS risk;
• Developing and Implementing crisis management processes;
• Application of principles to control OHS risk;
• Conducting an OHS audit;
• Evaluation of an organization’s OHS performance;