As part of public sector reform, governments have created independent authorities (regulatory bodies) to register and regulate the services, prices, safety and activities of various semi-autonomous agencies (parastatal and ensure improved service delivery to citizens. Such regulators exist in utilities, energy, construction industry, education, transport and insurance just to mention a few. This ten (10) day course aims providing skills to managers of such regulators to be an exemplary regulator to enable organizations regulated to provide quality and quantity services to citizens.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Senior official of regulatory agencies responsible for policy formulation, review of legal framework of the agency as well as those officers responsible for performance management of the regulator as well as those regulated.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course participants will be able to:-
• Gain broader overview of regulatory options;
• Identify ways to manage performance of those regulated as well as the regulator;
• Share best practices;
• Review challenges facing the regulatory body.
• Management systems of regulatory bodies;
• Performance management and compliance of regulatory systems;
• Principles for setting prices and tariffs;
• Stakeholder analysis and role of regulators as a linker for improved; service delivery;
• Negotiation skills;
• Conflict management;
• Performance monitoring and evaluation of regulated agencies;
• Strategic communication;
• Risk assessment and management.