All nations are faced with various development challenges. One critical approach to addressing these challenges is to formulate appropriate policies and plans based on well thought strategies. The course aims at providing trainees with skills in formulating national strategic policies and plans.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Senior officials in government ministries, departments and agencies, as well as in parastatals enterprises.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Explain the importance of strategic thinking in formulation of national policies and development plans;
• Apply creative thinking approaches and techniques to policy problems in order to develop effective policy interventions;
• Collect empirically based evidence data, analyze it and communicate it effectively;
• Identify key stakeholders in the policy formulation process;
• Monitor policy outcomes and assess the impact of these outcomes.
• Current issues and challenges in the socio-economic development of countries in the African continent;
• Strategic policy planning;
• Monitoring implementation of plans, strategies, policies and programs institutional aspects of policy planning;
• Regulatory and legal issues in policy and planning;
• Planning and management of national budgetary resources;
• Country experiences – case studies.