The paradigm of management has shifted. The management styles of the 1980s and 1990s are now anachronistic, antiquated. There is an evolving new paradigm of management–the modern management. Approaches to management functions, emphasis, dimensions and philosophy are different. The clarion call is for managers to think differently, to think “out of the box”; to engage in “zero-based” thinking or “blank paper” redesign of both the thinking and practice of management.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is for senior executives in private, government, NGOs, CBOs and the donor community.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
• ‘Think out of the box’, engage in critical thinking;
• Assess their leadership and management abilities;
• Coach and mentor subordinates;
• Audit and launch an appropriate organizational culture;
• Explain concepts of modern management, the ethos of excellence in the African setting and governance best practice.
• The concept and types of leadership;
• Leadership management practices compared;
• Value-based and principle-centered leadership;
• Enhancing subordinate’s commitment to strategies and plans;
• Building a high performance culture;
• Optimizing emotional intelligence;
• Building and leading high effective teams;
• Effective use of leadership authority and power;
• The emphasis of modern management, the ethos of excellence in the African setting and governance best practice.