National and organizational vision and mission are key to achieving sustainable development. The two guarantee strategic direction and keep leaders, managers and followers focused on what to preoccupy themselves with for the visualized future. African countries are challenged to realize their visions. Reasons include improper environmental scanning, over optimistic targets, improper implementation framework, limited commitment and inability to capitalize on local resources. This programme is intended to enhance capacity to develop better visions and missions, come up with more realistic implementation plans and develop a cadre of leaders and managers competent and committed to implement national and organizational visions and missions.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Ministerial and organizational directors and managers who input into vision and mission development. Officers from vision implementation secretariats should also attend.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Describe the process of vision and mission development;
• Develop a vision;
• Identify shortcomings of African national visions;
• Develop mission statements;
• Apply principles to harness; resources for vision and mission realization.
• Understanding visions and missions;
• Vision development process;
• Great mission statements across the globe;
• Shortcomings of African national visions;
• Mission development process;
• Successful implementation;
• Successful management of vision and mission;
• How leading companies run their business;
• Harnessing resources for vision and mission realization.