This programme focuses on a body of knowledge and techniques currently available on committee work and meetings. It concentrates mainly on planning meetings, effective agenda formulation, team development, rational decision making, meeting time management, communication, leadership and group dynamics.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This programme is open to administrative officers, company secretaries, personnel managers, executive assistants of top executives in governments and parastatal organizations and other senior officers involved in managing committee work and meetings.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Describe and demonstrate understanding of the role of committees in organizations;
• Come out having enhanced their knowledge and skills in running meetings effectively; guiding committee proceedings; managing conflicts; promoting team-work; making decisions and in solving problems.
• Effective organizational communication;
• Understanding committee work;
• Meetings (an overview);
• Measuring effectiveness of meetings;
• Role of meeting chairman, secretary and committee member;
• The legislative committee system;
• Role of parliamentary committee clerks;
• Taking and writing minutes;
• Organizing conferences;
• The facilitation mode;
• Report writing skills.