In the wake of increasing challenges and difficulties in this area of concern, especially when a business or a state enterprise is about to be sold, bought or even merged with another, this course comes at just about the right time. The parties to the merger or sale transaction require the assurance that they are concluding a value-for-money deal. In addition, the course addresses the challenges and opportunities in the valuation of going concerns/on-going businesses.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Senior members of management teams of state corporations, independent autonomous authorities, private enterprises, local authority enterprises and public investment programmes.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Examine a variety of tools and methods for monitoring and valuing business enterprises;
• Determine the value of their businesses as on-going entities;
• Negotiate more effectively in mergers and acquisition deals.
• Market capitalization measures;
• Valuation of debt and preference shares in enterprise acquisition or merger;
• Treatment of cash and cash equivalents;
• Earnings stream approaches to valuation;
• Valuation of unquoted firms.