Modern organizations are experiencing data revolution. Traditional intuitive decision making is replaced by visualizing and interpreting the vast amount of digitalized information. It is the era of real-time analysis of data that is big, unstructured and dynamic. Managers of modern organizations need a sound understanding of the potential of data to spot new business opportunities. Making the most of your data is the main source of competitive advantage. In this course we will demystify “big data” and translate the mass of data into sound business decisions. the workshop will focus on core concepts of big data analysis, intuitive logic behind ways of grouping objects, detecting patterns and on visualizing and interpreting the results.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is aimed at managers and business analysts working at the intersection of information and management, who want to be ready for the future.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Explain the fundamentals of data science & business analytics;
• Understand the big data phenomenon and data mining tools;
• Unveil the hidden powers of data and information, from exploration to understanding and prediction;
• Build predictive and prescriptive analytics from big data;
• Visualize information and use it as a basis for operational and strategic discussions in an organization;
• Present findings in a clear and convincing way.
• Introduction to big data & big data challenges;
• Data science: what is it? Why do we need it? How does it benefit the organization?
• Finding the magical formula to assign objects to known groups;
• Data ingestion and data mining techniques;
• Exploring data to find homogenous groups;
• Data summarisation and visualization;
• Prediction and prescription using models.