Global warming and climate change impacts are taking their toll on the environment and on people all around the world today. Economic growth activities and business activities are generating significant environmental impacts, ranging from the destruction of precious biological diversity, unsustainable exploitation of natural resources, air pollution to human health deterioration. Environmental auditing provides an opportunity to determine the source of environmental impacts and to evaluate possible corrective action as part of regulatory environmental compliance requirements or as part of a broader environmental management plan in an organization or project.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Officials responsible for carrying out environmental audits, internal and external financial, technical and systems audits, and officials implementing environmental management plans, systems, policies, and programmes within organizations and projects in the public, private, and NGO sectors. Environmental officers and inspectors are also eligible to attend the course.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Identify and analyze environmental impacts to determine those that are potentially significant and require mitigation;
• Conduct an audit of an environmental report;
• Conduct an environmental audit of an environmental management plan;
• Conduct environmental risk (financial and non-financial) analysis
• Plan an environmental audit;
• Conduct an environmental audit;
• Prepare environmental audit reports;
• Conduct an EMS audit based on the ISO 19011 standard.
• Definition of terms in environmental auditing;
• Environmental aspects and impacts in organizations and projects;
• Nomenclature of environmental management plans (EMP);
• Policy and legal requirements for environment auditing;
• ISO 19011 standard for environmental auditing;
• Qualities and qualifications of an environmental auditor;
• Planning an environmental audit;
• Conducting on-site environmental audit;
• Writing an environmental audit report;
• Implementing environmental audit recommendations