This course aims to meet the growing needs of African public and private sector enterprises in the area of project management. Investors and managers are becoming more concerned with the use of scarce and often difficult to mobilise financial resources. Meanwhile, there has been an increase in the demand for and management of quality public and private sector investments. This course will develop an in-depth understanding of different approached to development planning and economic policy issues, with a thorough training in techniques for the planning, design and economic analysis of African development projects and programmes. There is a strong emphasis on issues and analytical techniques relating to choices in project design, and cost-benefit analysis. Environmental analysis will be covered in detail to reflect the need for the better management of natural resources.
The Masters in Project Management courses are offered in the evenings from 5:00pm – 10:00pm. Classes will run for two to three weeks in every two to two and a half months.
The evening class Masters in Project Management is offered in the ESAMI member countries. These venues are Arusha, Dar es Salaam and Mwanza, Tanzania; Nairobi, Kenya; Kampala, Uganda; Lusaka, Zambia; Lilongwe and Blantyre, Malawi; Harare, Zimbabwe; Windhoek and Oshakati in Namibia; Mbabane, Swaziland; Maputo, Mozambique and Mahe, Seychelles.
Total fees for the 2-year masters degree programme is US$7,000. Advance payments are made annually or per semester by arrangement. The fees cover tuition and limited materials. It does not include textbooks among other exclusions.
• Candidates eligible for Masters programmes must possess the following qualifications:
• Bachelors degree from a recognised university or equivalent.
• International recognised full professional qualification. Candidates must have passed ALL qualifying examinations
• Proficiency in both spoken and written English
• At least three years of work experience
• The Candidate must submit an application form with the following:
• Current curriculum Vitae
• Certified copy of official transcript
• Copies of O’ and A’ level certificates
• At least one letter of recommendation from a person who is in a position to judge the candidate’s ability
• Passport size photo
• A non-refundable processing fee of US$30
All documents accompanying the application must be in English
• BSG09215 Strategic Human Resource Management
• BSG09315 Research Methods
• BSG09415 Leadership, Negotiation & Conflict Management
• BSG09216 Project Feasibility Studies
• BSG09116 Managing Procurement in Projects
• BSG09117 Fundamentals of Project Management
• BSG09118 Project Finance
• BSG09316 Managing Quality in Projects
• BSG09119 Project Scheduling and Resources Management
• BSG09416 ICT for Project Management
• BSG09217 Project Risk Management
• BSG09317 Project Monitoring & Evaluation
• BSG09218 Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
• BSG09417 Managing Project Closeout
• BSG09418 Thesis in Development and Project Management