This course will enable participants achieve more skills in designing a policy which is in line with International Labour Organization guiding principles for policy development. Integrate the UN, ILO, SADC and EAC approaches. Incorporation of gender, human rights and reproductive health contemporary issues makes this course a unique one.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Understand how to develop an HIV/AIDS Policy at the workplace
• Get a deeper insight on human resources budgeting incorporating HIV/AIDS
• Go through the guidelines as provided by UN, ILO and SADC
• Understand gender issues and HIV/AIDS
• Look at appropriate efforts that should be addressed in prevention, advocacy and care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Human Resource Practitioners, Gender focal point persons and all involved in Coordination of HIV/AIDs interventions.
• Human resources
◦ UN, ILO, SADC guidelines;
◦ HR policy formulation incorporating HIV/AIDS
◦ HR budgeting
◦ Counseling techniques
◦ Behavior change communication
◦ Education, Information, Communication at workplace
• Gender Sensitization;
◦ Gender concepts
◦ Gender and HIV/AIDS
• Principles of Advocacy;
◦ Advocacy approaches
◦ Prevention, advocacy and care.