Every mining and oil & gas company must regularly devise, manage, controlling and adjust budgets and forecasts to reflect changing market conditions and effect continuous improvement. It is essential for a company to revisit their budgets and business plans to ensure growth, profitability and risks are minimized and controlled. In this changing economic environment, budgets and revenue forecasts need to be revisited from time to time to ensure that decisions made based on them are made based on robust and solid data including production, cost and price factors.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to understand key dimensions to budgeting and planning, forecasting and benchmarking and the key inputs such as production, cost and price.
At the end of the Programme, participants will be able to:-
- Understand key dimensions to budgeting and planning, forecasting and benchmarking and related key inputs.
- Provide essential elements and understanding of budgeting process and main planning and forecasting approaches.
- Build robust budgets and business plans
- Identify factors to be taken into account in assessing capital budget related to mining, oil and gas development projects.
- Analyze the key aspects of budgeting, cost structure.
- Advise their organizations and governments more effectively on key budgeting aspects associated with the resource sector.
The Programme is designed for financial analysts, government officials, auditors, investors, regulators, project managers, supply chain managers, engineers, accountants, supply chain managers, investor relations managers, auditors, and NGOs, and consulting firms.