Faced with growing challenges in the management of organisations, the field of auditing has changed over time. Risks characterise the conduct of business today, and
some of these threaten business survival. Organisations have to respond to the many challenges on a timely basis. Managers are expected to re-affirm their organization's financial commitment, dedication to growth, success and focus to meet their objectives. They need to be constantly assessing the risks associated with changes taking place in business arena and mitigate against them. A strong internal control system (ICS) becomes a necessity and not a choice. Auditors need to audit what matters in the organisation. The starting is carrying out risk based audit supported by a functioning audit function.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Finance Managers, Internal Auditors, Accountants, Risk Managers and Officers interested in hand-on skills in risk based auditing.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Describe the risk management process;
- Demonstrate the link between audit risk and your audit plan;
- Appreciate the role of audit in risk management;
- Analyse the control and risk frameworks;
- Appreciate the benefits of proactive risk management;
- Develop and implement a risk based audit plan;
- Carry out a risk based governance audit.
- Overview of audit;
- Objectives and independence of internal audit;
- Control and risk frameworks;
- Enterprise risk management and the role of internal audit;
- Risk based internal auditing: readiness check and KPI's;
- Audit risk;
- Risk based auditing planning, tools and techniques;
- Risk based auditing and IT;
- Governance audit;
- Risk based Audit: challenges and recent development;
- Risk based audit reporting.