The collapse of the global secondary mortgage market in the second half of 2007 and the large write offs of debts by the lending banks that followed, provides the justification for reform of the secondary mortgage market and for strengthening the institutional capacities real estate finance, investment and global real estate finance and securities. The evolution of such products as commercial mortgage- backed securities (CMBS) and real estate investment trusts (REIT's) and the instabilities in world capital and currency trading calls for the sharpening of skills of lenders, borrowers, trader, and loan syndication and underwriting agents.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
CEO's and investment officers of pension funds and social security funds, Senior executives of capital and stock market authorities, Investment officers of housing and insurance companies, Managers of special funds and real estate investment trusts, Management Consultants, Managers of large construction companies.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the role of real estate finance, investments and capital market trading in real estate instruments.
- Finance, manage and monitor residential income properties
- Appraise the risks in construction and land development projects
- Participate in the global real estate capital markets and securities
- Undertake real estate investment performance and portfolio appraisals.
- The interest and legal factor in real estate finance;
- Management of fixed and variable interest payment mortgages;
- Valuation, underwriting and financing of residential and commercial properties;
- The global commercial property market;
- Investment and risk analysis;
- Financial leverage and debt structure;
- Loan syndication;
- Appraisal of construction and land development projects;
- Global real estate capital markets and securities.