Managing Public Sector Finances is of fundamental importance in an economy. It is the process that guarantees quality service provisioning to society. In addition to identifying some of the more current socio-economic challenges influencing the management of public sector finances, the programme also identifies and discusses issues and opportunities in financial resource procurement and allocation in a technologically dominated operating environment.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Officials from a wide range of public sector departments in both local and central governments who have responsibilities in public sector financial resource mobilization and allocation. These include Accountants, Auditors, Investments Managers, Economic Planners and Project Managers.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Examine different policy options and modules for resource procurement & allocation;
- Analyse alternative external financing sources in order to make informed choices;
- Examine the technicalities and practicality of public policies and their
impact on public sector financial governance;
- Build all these into a flexible yet practical and coherent knowledge base for
balanced financial management in the public sector.
- Current Challenges in the Procurement of public sector finances in Africa
- Current challenges in Management of public sector finances in Africa
- Plenary discussions & case analyses of best practice in managing public sector finances;
- Analysis and evaluation of alternative external financial sources
- Good public financial governance.