The programme is aimed at helping boost growth and development of a country's economy through efficient and effective management of public investment programmes. It will assist in developing capital for planning financing implementing and evaluating public sector investment programmes such as schools, hospitals, roads, waterworks, among others. This is what is required for improving the provision of services to the people.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Senior Finance Officers, Project Officers, Accountants and Administrators both at national and local government levels.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Plan for and manage public investment programmes;
- Appraise, prioritize, finance and budget for major capital projects;
- Apply financial techniques to implement effective public- private
partnerships in capital asset development;
- Identify, assess and control risks in public sector investment programmes.
- Public sector governance and accountability;
- Capital investments and economic development;
- The investment planning process in the public Sector;
- Financing capital investment;
- Asset management in the public sector;
- Public private partnerships;
- Project risk management in the public sector.