Internal auditing provides unique service to both public and private institutions. It is an independent, objective, assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve the organisation's operations .It helps an organisation accomplish its objectives by bringing systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Officials from the private and public sector. Managers who own and operate systems. Internal Auditors who provide independent, objective assurance and engage into consulting activities, External Auditors, Accounting Staff, Inspectors and Investigators.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the purpose, authority and responsibility of internal auditing
- Describe concepts on independence and objectivity; proficiency and due professional care in auditing
- Set up a quality assurance and improvement program
- Apply auditing principles to manage the internal audit function
- Apply communication skills.
- Purpose, authority, and responsibility of internal auditing;
- Independence and objectivity; proficiency and due professional care;
- Quality assurance and improvement programme;
- Managing the internal audit activity;
- Nature of work;
- Communication skills.