Property management is among the most important aspect of an organisation ranking second to human resource management. Indeed the organisation Level of Service (LOS) is determined to a large extent by the condition of property and assets. Failure to bridge the gap between the expected LOS and what the organisation is offering has negative consequences. Optimal management of property and assets enhance the value of the organisation.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Asset and Property Managers, Officers, Accountants, Stock Officers and other staff whose work is closely related to property and asset management.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Describe the variables affecting the life cycle costs of property and how to
optimize the cost;
- Appreciate the relationship between property and value and thus place
the importance of property management procedures within the organization;
- Describe the process and purpose of property and asset evaluation and analysis.
- Explain on safety, health, environmental and risk in the management of property;
- Develop strategies for optimising the value of your organisation through optimal
asset and property management;
- Leverage on asset/property for the required LOS.
- Overview of property/asset including their relationship with the value of the
organisation, understanding property/ asset and property/asset user
- Investing in assets/property (key decisions);
- Aligning asset/property objectives to corporate objectives (strategic plan);
- Budgeting (linking the asset strategy to the budget);
- Financial analysis and evaluation techniques
- Financing assets/property;
- Development of property/asset management;
- Property performance evaluation and projection;
- Maintenance and property management decisions;
- Managing partnership, contracts and leases;
- Monitoring assets;
- Risk based asset management.