Youth unemployment and rural poverty are the greatest challenges facing African governments today. A greater part of the solution lies in agricultural transformation through modernization and enhancement of best practices in production, processing, marketing, monitoring and evaluation. Countries, such as Tanzania, are implementing agriculture first (kilimo kwanza) programs and projects. It is mobilizing domestic resources for broad-based upgrading of many agricultural value chains in the country. The World Bank has partnered with Standard bank, South Africa to provide credit guarantees to the lenders and risk insurance to borrowers in the agricultural Investment Climate Facility (ICF) of its lands registry to expedite the certification of land as collateral for the bank lending.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Bankers, agricultural officers, farm managers, management consultants.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Diagnose the upgrading and financial needs of agricultural enterprises value
chain and evaluate risk profits of attractive sources of agricultural credit;
- Analyse and profile the economic, financial, operational and marketing
fundamentals and critical success lending and credit market within the financial sector;
- Appraise and present to the bank for loan approval agro-industrial projects in
addition to negotiating terms with borrowers;
- Interpret financial statements of agricultural enterprises for bank lending;
- Monitor and evaluate agricultural credit extension services;
- Apply principles to agricultural credit risk management.
- Review of major macroeconomic reforms within the agricultural and agro-industrial
- Case study of major agricultural enterprises values chains;
- Evaluation of lessons learnt in funding agricultural programs and projects;
- Understanding financial statements of agricultural enterprises;
- Tools for financial analysis;
- Borrowers credit risks profiling;
- Generating input, process, output and feedback SMART indicators for agricultural
credit monitoring and evaluation;