Sound project financial management provides critical financial information for effective decision-making. This advanced programme harmonises accounting and financial management procedures in order to promote improved compliance with the financial reporting and control requirements of national governments as well as international finance institutions. Participants will acquire the competence needed for designing, implementing and monitoring an integrated project finance management system that is appropriate for efficient and effective delivery of the project objectives.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This programme is designed for Project Directors, Senior Accounting and Financial Management Staff engaged in the design and implementation of development projects in the public and private sector as well as non-governmental organisations that are major recipients of donor funds.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Design various components of an integrated project financial management
system with corresponding modules/procedures for planning and budgeting,
accounting, financial reporting, internal control, auditing, procurement and
- Identify factors influencing optional design of a project financial management
- Explain financial sustainability in projects;
- Appraise project funding;
- Explain PPP and donor funded projects;
- Develop a project logframe;
- Write project reports.
- Project strategic thinking;
- Project cycle, conceptual challenges and relevant project documentation;
- Factors influencing optional design of a project financial management system;
- Financial management framework for donor funded projects;
- Project financing;
- Financial sustainability in projects;
- Project funding appraisal;
- PPP and donor funded projects;
- Developing project log framework;
- Good governance in project financial management;
- Integrated reporting for projects.