Projects routinely require procurements. Projects need materials, equipment, Consultants, training, and many other goods and services. Project procurement is the process of purchasing the products necessary for meeting the needs of the project
scope. Project procurement management is more important to project management
than most non project managers realize. Project procurement management is a fairly
simple activity comprising four main processes; however, it can easily fail and cause major delays that may result in pay outs. Hence the need to understand the importance of procurement processes in the project cycle.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Apply the tools and techniques used in effective project management in procurement; it will also enhance the re-tooling and skill development in project management in procurement where it is required.
- Describe the procurement cycle
- Identify challenges in project procurement.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Officials on projects, such as Procurement Managers, Project Managers, Auditors auditing projects, Project Coordinators and Logistic Managers and officers on projects.
- Project cycle: formulation, preparation, appraisal and implementation.
- Procurement cycle;
- Project procurement process;
- Challenges in project procurement;
- Project monitoring and evaluation management of project;
- Procurement specialist involvement in projects.