Logistics is the process of planning, implementing, and controlling the efficient, effective flow and storage of raw materials, in-process inventory, finished goods, services, and related information from point of origin to point of consumption (including inbound, outbound, internal, and external movements) for the purpose of conforming to customer requirements.
This is why business leaders acknowledge that the supply chain can be a value creator and a source of competitive advantage.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Examine key issues that companies must address to formulate logistics
- Demonstrate a critical appreciation of logistics principles and theories;
- Highlight practical problems that organizations must resolve in implementing
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Officials responsible for logistics and supply chain management in government, parastatals and private sector.TOPICS INCLUDE
- Logistics and supply chain management overview;
- Supply chain management;
- Logistics and competitive advantage;
- Benchmarking the supply chain;
- Warehouse and inventory management;
- Transportation techniques and management;
- E- logistics in supply chain management;
- Just-in-time and quick response logistics;
- Value chains.