Quality management has four main components: quality planning, quality control, quality assurance and quality improvement; all aimed at achieving superior product/service quality of an organization in order to achieve customer satisfaction, profit and growth. Quality management is focused not only on product/service quality, but also on the means to achieve it. Quality management therefore uses quality assurance and control of processes as well as products to achieve more consistent and superior quality. Superior product/service quality comes with high profit and growth for a business. Participants will examine practical tools and techniques for quality management.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the basic quality management principles, concepts, and definitions;
- Describe the basic concepts, terms, elements and types of quality management systems;
- Analyze quality problems using various quality management tools such as check sheets, histograms, pareto charts, cause and effect diagrams, scatter diagrams, control charts, flow and pie charts;
- Carry out quality performance monitoring in an organization;
- Describe the evolution and types of quality management standards;
- Develop and implement ISO 9001 quality management systems;
- Conduct an audit of quality management system using the ISO 19011
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Officials responsible for quality planning, quality control, quality assurance, marketing, production, environment, occupational health and safety. These include officials working in government ministries, government parastatals, government agencies, private sector companies and NGOs. The course is particularly appropriate for organizations and companies that are planning to implement quality management systems and total quality management (TQM) practices.
- Introduction to quality management;
- Introduction to quality management systems;
- Quality management standards;
- Quality management tools;
- Developing and implementing ISO 9001 quality management systems;
- Quality performance monitoring;
- Auditing quality management systems