Participatory planning is a process by which a community undertakes to reach a
given socio-economic goal by consciously diagnosing its problems and charting a
course of action to resolve those problems. Experts are needed, but only as facilitators. Moreover, no one likes to participate in something which is not of his/her own creation. Plans prepared by outside experts, irrespective of their technical soundness, cannot inspire the people to participate in their implementation. The course is designed to assist those who work with communities facilitate the project planning process. Emphasis on the course is focused on developing participatory approaches to planning to enable the flow of project ideas from bottom to top.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe participatory methodologies and approaches for community based
projects and programmes;
- Use participatory approaches in stimulating and achieving project objectives;
- Describe a logical framework.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Project Managers, Officers, Accountants and Coordinators.
- Logical framework approach;
- Participatory techniques;
- Designing participatory monitoring and evaluation systems;
- Motivational techniques for communities;
- Measuring performance;
- Managing for success.