Each year, governments and its various agencies procure billion worth of everything in all categories, ranging from airplanes to zippers. For many products and services, governments are the biggest buyers on the planet.
- The government makes its needs publicly known through such media as daily
newspapers, a publication listing numerous government contracting opportunities.
- The government frequently buys in very large volumes and over a long period of time. That kind of customer can provide a solid foundation for growing your company. Procurement experts and other stakeholders need to comprehend on how government contract activities are shaped and regulated by various industrial factors.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the contracting cycle;
- Apply principles to manage government contracts;
- Draw and draft contracts;
- Assess suppliers;
- Apply negotiation skills to win contracts;
- Explain concepts on public procurement;
- Apply international arbitration principles in dispute resolution in government
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Officials from Government and Parastatal organization who are responsible for Government contracting and Tendering processes, Auditors, Procurement Specialists, Members of Procurement units, economizing committee members and Administrators.
Contracting cycle, managing government contracts; Drawing and drafting contracts; Supplier assessment; contract negotiation; Source strategy; Public procurement-the basic Environmental issues in Public procurement; Legal aspects of public procurement; contract formation, Dispute resolutions and International arbitration in Government contracting.