Managing an organization/institution requires strategic thinking and decision making. Strategic thinking and decision making implies considering factors within the organization, as well as those existing in the external environment within which the organization operates. Strategic issues are characterized by:
- long-term orientation;
- a holistic approach and
- proactive stance.
This workshop provides the knowledge and skills required to, not only think strategically, but also formulate plans which are issue focused.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Review organisation's mission, vision and core values;
- Analyse opportunities and challenges in the organisation's external
- Identify key competencies of the organisation;
- Determine areas/aspects of the organisation that require improvement;
- Identify organisation's strategic options for sustainable growth;
- Analyze, and propose improvements in, the organisation's current strategic plan.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Senior managers in private sector and public sector organisations, as well as in non-government and other civic organisations, who are involved in high level decision making, planning and policy formulation.
- Current issues in strategic thinking, strategic decision making, and strategic planning and control;
- Analysis of organisation's capacity;
- Analysis of opportunities and challenges in the organisation's external environment;
- Strategy formulation;
- Strategy implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Framework for strategic planning.