Results based management (RBM) is a critical factor in ensuring the success of a program/project. It ensures that all aspects of designing, implementing and monitoring and evaluating a program/project is done transparently and in a manner that ensures accountability.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Describe results management -principles and processes
- Apply principles of results based management;
- Design, implement and monitor results based management framework;
- Apply principles and practices of risk management.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Public sector managers; commissioners, directors, planners, economic modellers and those implementing donor funded programmes and projects.
- Understanding Results Based Management;
- Overview and context of RBM;
- Definition of RBM; Concepts and principles;
- RBM process and characteristics;
- Operationalizing Results Based Management
- Pre-requisites; leadership, culture and systems;
- Cause and effect analysis;
- Situational analysis;
- Problem analysis; problem tree
- Stakeholder analysis;
- Logical framework;
- Performance Management Framework
- Results based programming;
- Results based costing and
- Results based reporting;
- Integrated participatory
- Monitoring and evaluation;
- Identifying risk;
- Analysis of risk impact;
- Mitigation strategies;
- Monitoring of risk.