The paradigm of management has shifted. The management styles of the 1980s and 1990s are now anachronistic, antiquated. There is an evolving new paradigm of management – the modern management. Approaches to management functions, emphasis, dimensions and philosophy are different. The clarion call is for managers to think differently, to think "out of the box"; to engage in "zero-based" thinking or "blank paper" redesign of both the thinking and practice of management.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- 'think out of the box', engage in critical thinking,
- Assess their leadership and management abilities,
- Coach and mentor subordinates,
- Audit and launch an appropriate organisational culture.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is for senior executives in private, government, NGOs, CBOs and the donor community.
- The shifted management paradigm;
- The emphasis of modern management, the ethos of excellence in the
- African setting and governance best practice.