As part of Public sector reforms, governments have created independent Authorities (Regulatory bodies) to register and/or regulate the services, prices, safety and activities of various Semi-autonomous Agencies (Parastatals) and ensure improved services delivery to citizens. Such regulators exist in Utilities, Energy, Construction industry, Education, Transport and Insurance just to mention a few. This 10 day course aims at providing skills to managers of such regulators on how to be an exemplary regulator to enable organizations regulated, provide quality and quantity services to citizens.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Gain broad overview of regulatory options;
- Identify ways to manage performance of those regulated as well as the regulator;
- Share best practices and;
- Review challenges facing the regulatory bodies.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The programme will benefit senior officials of regulatory agencies responsible for policy formulation, review of legal framework of the agency as well as those officers responsible for performance management of the regulator as well as for those regulated.
- Management systems for regulatory bodies;
- Performance management and compliance of regulatory systems;
- Principles for setting prices and tariffs;
- Stakeholder analysis and role of regulators as a linker for improved service
- Negotiations skills;
- Conflict management;
- Performance monitoring and evaluation of regulated agencies;
- Strategic communication;
- Risk assessment and management.