Through lab practical's, this management training course will expose participants on how to use the electronic Document and Records Management System (eDRMS) software to facilitate the management of electronic records within the organization, along with hard copy records. They will have an understanding of concepts relating to the accessibility of information, its retrieval, dissemination, storage and archiving requirements within the electronic context. The course will show them how to deal with information in electronically and get rid of hard copies which take a lot of space.
HOW PARTICIPANTS WILL BENEFIT
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Control document versions and reduce risk of not being able to retrieve information when required;
- Secure and systematically manage unstructured or semi-structured data;
- Reduce redundancy and duplication of information, thereby preventing document loss;
- Reduce the volume of paper work and the response time for information needs;
- Improve security, thereby reducing the risk of unauthorized access.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Executive assistants, Personal secretaries, Administrative staff who are interested in learning about tomorrow's technologies for paperless working environment and minimizing the volume of paper.
- Records management practice awareness;
- Concepts and definitions of electronic records management;
- Managing electronic documents and records using eDRMS software;
- Back up and security issues.